Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pot Holder and Toddler Hat






Ahhh, another relaxing Sunday and I am FINALLY getting to post my 2 new creations! I know they aren't hair accessories, but those will come some other day this week...I made more! Anyway, we have a pretty simple "pot holder" in a light bluish color. It is plain, yes, but I didn't want to ruin any of my other fabric just in case I screwed it up missed a stitch or two! It is made with a fat quarter and a wash cloth. Pretty simple, washable and definately usable!! It was so easy to make I cannot wait to make more! I was so excited that THAT project turned out I went ahead and started another, a fluted toddler hat. Now this one had me on my machine cursing for over an hour! After I finally got it, I went back and REREAD the directions just to realize I should have taken a nap before continuing on! Yes, I misread the directions and did the project wrong, but it came out soooo cute!! I have batman fabric to make another for my son but need to enlarge the pattern just a little so it will fit on his 5 1/2yr old head! Next project...it's a surprise! Who knows, it could be a blanket, pillow, hair bows or something else! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Carma Sez said...

very creative. I have zero sewing skills!

Carma Sez said...

Gah, forgot to say "welcome to SITS" I know that you will enjoy being a part of this vibrant community of bloggers!
carma :-)